Cooking with Kids is one thing Grandmothers know how to do! This post was originally published last summer after an anniversary party and family reunion which ended after 5 days of intense “Hanging Out” with the extended family. The trifle was made by the oldest granddaughters on the last day of our celebration before the van was loaded up to head south! I decided to pull it out for Valentine’s because it is so pretty to look at and so fun to make for a special celebrations and for sure a great Valentine’s Treat. I am thinking about making one with red-velvet cake and raspberries!
Actually just put some raspberries or strawberries on top of this and you are good to go! Everyone could help make this! When you are cooking with kids the anticipation grows until it’s time for tasting!
And everyone will LOVE it! Usually we have some left over but this time it was all gone in 24hrs.
♥ Who could resist a Chocolate Kiss? ♥
There are tons of recipes on-line for all sort of trifles so I am not going to go into great detail here but we use
- Devil’s food cake-baked per directions and then crumbled into bite size pieces-kids love to do this
- Whipped cream-cool whip if we aren’t going to eat it right away and real whipped cream if you are
- Chocolate pudding-real pudding made per directions with whole milk
- Skor bar candy pieces
- Chocolate sprinkles -how about red white and chocolate to make Valentine’s Fun!
- and love! Oh Yeah Lots of This
- PS- Grandpas love this dessert!
- Have Fun-Always have fun when you are making memories.
- Cooking with kids is one of the most rewarding and delicious things you will ever do!