I have always had a thing for old galvanized buckets. The IOD Transfer line has opened up a whole new world for me!
How to Make an IOD Transfer Kindling Bucket
Have you used a white IOD Transfer yet? Need a special gift for someone? Want to make it yourself? Know someone with a wood stove or fireplace that would love a bit of French Farmhouse Decor? How about something to bring to the hostess at that Christmas dinner? We’ve got you covered!
I’ve got the perfect thing for you.
- Start with a metal bucket. I used a sap bucket because that is what I have. A metal bucket works well because the dents and dings give it that old worn vintage look.
- Clean your bucket real good and when it’s dry paint it with Fusion Mineral Paint Coal Black or Ash. You only need a sample size to do this. $5
- When your bucket is dry apply an IOD white transfer. Found HERE
- Sand it a bit after you make sure it is well attached and then put a top coat on it to seal the transfer.
- Grab some sticks [A friend cut me these birch sticks love em!]
- Viola a Bow and it’s beautiful!
- Really the whole thing took about 2 hours and most of that was paint drying time!
Maybe you would rather have a “French Flower Bucket”? With a name like Gardenhouse Studio you know that would be my choice!
Steps to a French Flower Bucket are the same
- Start with a metal sap bucket or other metal bucket.
- Clean the bucket
- I Just painted the bucket a “French Blue” a custom color made with Fusion mineral paint [3parts Champness, 2 parts Raw Silk and one part Azure]
- After it was dry, I Apply a charcoal IOD Decor Transfer which I cut down a little found HERE
- This one I applied a white glaze to really soften it.
- Apply a topcoat to seal it and its the perfect gift. [I’m keeping mine!]