It’s that time of year again, seasonal changes are coming so now is the time to make a budget fall centerpiece. Most of us want to be ready for the next decorating season but life is just to darn fast moving to ever be totally prepared.
The craft store has had Halloween Decorations and Autumn arrangement for the last several weeks. If you’re in retail you’re actually behind since you have to purchase and prepare ahead at least one maybe two whole seasons! Whew! That’s a lot to keep up with!
Budget Fall Centerpiece
I don’t know why but the other night I received a notification from JoAnn Fabrics that I could get 60% off one item just that night. We live about 2 blocks from JoAnn Fabrics so you know it, I rushed over! I don’t know what your budget sense is but for me if I can make a centerpiece in August that will last me till Thanksgiving for around $20 that’s a budget fall centerpiece for me.
Here’s what I purchased:
- Floral foam
- 2 bushes with gourds on them
- 2 branches with colored leaves
- Bag of fake pumpkins
- Bag of fake grass
What you will need:
- Suitable container [Most of us have some kind of basket or container to put an arrangement in, shop your stuff] I used a square basket that I already had.
- Bushes of faux flowers or picks [It is usually a better deal to get a bush than to buy the stems individually.]
- Fall colored leaves [again a big branch to cut apart]
- Bag of faux gourds [Look for ones that are in the same tones as your flowers or leaves]
- Foam for silk flowers [This is where I really saved one brick of floral foam was 3.99 but a bag of five was 5.99 and I had a 20% off coupon]
- Heavy duty wire cutters for those tough stems [these are so worth buying as you will use them over and over. [Get good quality ones!]
- Glue gun and glue sticks for the pieces that aren’t stemmed already.
4 Easy Steps
- Once you have decided on your container fit the foam snuggly allowing it to rise above the container at least 1/2 an inch
- Cut all the stems from the branches leaving enough of a stem to go at least half way into the foam
- Begin putting the stems in the foam angling and turning your piece to be sure all sides are covered and no foam is visible
- Glue a few larger gourds and pumpkins in and adjust the leaves to your satisfaction.
Display on your table and admire!
You got this!
Budget Fall Centerpiece